I got this smart watch from my lil’ sis for N4,500.00, after driving a hard bargain. I am sure she got it for about $10 on amazon, less tax and shipping costs. With exchange rate at about N300 to US$1, not sure she would be making much profit on it.
This would be my first Smart Watch. The closest I had to this was my Adidas ADP6097 Digital Watch whose strap got cut a few weeks back.
This watch is a steal for the price. It might be a little difficult to wrap around your head the word “Smart Watch” and “$10” being used in a single sentence but, believe me, it is for real. Of course you will not expect to find qualities near that of the Apple range of Smart Watches.
Unboxing this device was in no way eventful. The accessories were very sparse – only a single USB cord (Note: No power adapter) was included in the box and a forgettable “Chinese Type” manual.
You may view the product specification of this device from the link below;
A quick run down of the Pros and Cons of this watch will give you a better insight to what this watch can or can not do;
- Control your Phone camera from your watch (only for android phone)
- Stream music from your device
- Fast charging. About 20 minutes, or less.
- View Contacts. Make and receive phone calls.
- Receive phone notifications
- Sync your phonebook and call log
- Anti lost feature – Alerts you when your phone disconnects from your phone
- Barometer, Altimeter and Pedometer
- Out of the box, the menu of the watch was in Chinese characters. I had to grope in the dark to change it to English.
- Does not support remote camera functions and notifications on Apple iOS devices
- Does not have inbuilt SIM slot.
- The rubber flap that covers the charging port is flimsy
The beauty of a device is in its ability to be hacked for enhanced functionalities. The U8 Smart Watch does not disappoint.
More on this in my next post.