Normally, once you have more than one user account on your PC, Windows no longer take you to your desktop directly when you boot up. Instead, you are stopped at a login screen where you are made to select and click on the account you wish to log into.
This can be a pain at times.
What if i show you how you can bypass this login screen and still boot directly to your desktop? Okay, here goes;
- Boot up your PC, select your preferred account where you want to be logged automatically into.
- Enable the Run link on your Start Menu. You may view the embedded video or this article to see how to do this.
- Select the Start Menu, click the RUN link and type control userpasswords2 in the dialogue box
- A screen pops up. Uncheck the option Users must enter a username and password to use this computer.
- Type in your password (if any) in the password box that pops up.
- Click Okay on all boxes till you are returned to your desktop
- Now reboot your PC, you will be logged in automatically to your preferred account.
You may view my Youtube video below to guide you.